Welcome to 2nd Grade
Teacher: Ms. Stephanie Stauble (email@example.com)
We Made It!
Happy last week of school! I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by! I was truly blessed with such a great class to make my first year here at SBS so memorable. I wish you all a happy and wonderful summer vacation and I can't wait to see you all again in the fall!
Remiders for the week:
- Please wear gym uniform Tuesday 6/12 for Nature Helping Hands Earth day
- Wednesday and Thursday are early dismissals at 12:45
- Collin's Creamery fundraiser Thursday 6/14
- Friday is dismissal at 11am (Mass at 10am) - no dress down can be used
Last Full Week of School!
I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by!
For math we have been working really hard at counting money, for at home practice have your child count a small handful of change (perfect in car activity too!) or count change when you go out shopping!
Reminers this week:
- Spring concert is Thursday June 7th followed by the ice cream social!
- Friday June 8th is our extra recess day with a pizza lunch and ice cream treat from our penny war win (please return permission slips by Wednesday! )
Week 37! (2 more weeks to go!)
Spelling: midair, misplace, mislead, midway, misprint, midday, midweek, misbehave, midyear, mismath, misdeed, mistake, midstream, midnight, misbehavior (theme: prefixes mid-, mis-)
Math: we just finished up with measurement and will be ending the year with time and money!
Reading: we are reading our last story in our reading books called "Jingle Dancer" with a focus on cause and effect, characters and setting, and paragraph writing
Science: still working with the human body, we will be focusing on the food pyramid next
Wednesday - reading log, study spelling
Thursday - reading log, study spelling
- Soccer dress down Thursday 5/31 (students must wear a soccer shirt or jersey otherwise they are to come in uniform)
- Mass Friday 6/1, we will be in charge of the readings!
- Carnival 5/31, 6/1, 6/2