Welcome to the Media Center!
Teacher: Mrs. Michelle Lavoie (email@example.com)
For our frequently used web links, please go to www.protopage.com/sbsmedia
Welcome Back, Everyone!
Welcome back, everyone! It's been so good to see all of you today; the building is much livelier now that it's filled with our wonderful students. I'm really looking forward to starting our new adventures in technology ... so be sure to return your signed Acceptable Use Policies as soon as possible. Remember, I only need the signature page. You should keep the policy itself at home for reference. Junior high students also need to return their Chromebook Agreements so I can issue those devices for your school/home use. Copies of both policies can be found at the top of this page if needed. Please note that all students in the class must return their forms in order for the teacher to begin using hands-on tech tools in the classroom. Don't delay the fun!
Summer Fun in the Media Center
Camp Summer LEAP has been having a blast in the SBS Media Center, enjoying tech activities that enhance each themed week of camp. Here are a few highlights:
- The Great Outdoors - Campers connected with the National Forest Service and became Junior Forest Rangers!
- Holiday Extravaganza - Who doesn't love to decorate and carve pumpkins and Christmas trees online?
- STEAM - Robotics and engineering were a blast with all of our robotics kits!
- Who Dunnit - Online mysteries await our eager detectives.
- Barnyard Bonanza - Learning about growing and harvesting our own food is exciting, especially when we can learn about it online and then put what we've learned into practice in our SBS raised garden beds.
Of course, summer is a time to be outside experiencing nature and having fun with our friends. So remember to limit your tech time. A half hour of learning and a half hour of fun tech is more than enough each day!
Stay safe, everyone. I can't wait to see you in September! Mrs. Lavoie