As announced at the end of the last school year, we will be making the following changes to the school uniform:
- There will no longer be a winter uniform; the oxford button down shirt and school tie will be discontinued. Polos may be worn year-round. However, shorts will still be allowed only during the warm months (no shorts from December 1st through March 31st.)
- The white polo will be replaced by a hunter green polo, available in both long and short sleeves. The polo may be worn with our current jumpers, skirts, skorts, and pants.
- Girls may wear knee high socks or tights in a variety of colors – hunter green, white, dark blue, or gray.
- Boys can continue to wear ankle socks (not the “no-show” length) in white, black, or dark blue.
- Navy blue sweaters are still part of the uniform as well and do not need the St. Bernard School name or logo on them. No other outerwear may be worn in the classroom unless it is specifically listed in the uniform code.
The upcoming school year (2019-2020) will be a transition period. Families do not need to buy the green polos immediately; students may still wear the oxfords and ties or their white polos. This will allow families to replace the shirts as students outgrow them. All white polos may still be sent to the uniform exchange and will be donated overseas after the start of the 2020-2021 school year.